First…a little bit about the minimal advertising on this site. Basically, it helps to make Around the World in Eighty Years possible. As I dedicate more and more time to making this website the best it can be, a little bit of income allows me the time to do that.
Where possible, I will note that a particular post was sponsored by a company.
If YOU like what you see on Around the World in Eighty Years, please consider supporting the continuation of this work via a modest donation.
~ ~ ~
Roundup (in 75 Words)
As a travel industry website, Around the World in Eighty Years, is available for advertising, commissioned articles, sponsorships and other forms of partnering. Around the World in Eighty Years boasts a growing and dedicated readership. The owner and editor of this site, as a freelance writer and photographer is available for commissions for related articles, destination promotion partnerships, press trips commensurate with the content of this site, reviews of books, destinations, services, accommodation or equipment.
The More Wordy Version
Around the World in Eighty Years is a rapidly growing site with a steadily rising and loyal readership. This blog is geared towards informed and thoughtful travelers and provides informative and inspirational posts on adventure, archaeology, culture, food, geotourism, literature and photography – all centered on a travel theme. Around the World in Eighty Years inspires and informs travelers and adventurers through well-written travelogues and beautiful travel photography.
Who Reads Around the World in Eighty Years?
- International and Domestic Travelers,
- Adventure Travelers,
- Archaeologists (arm-chair and otherwise),
- Photographers and Lovers of Photography,
- Artists and Art Collectors,
- Literature Hounds, Mothers and Foodies.
Around the World in Eighty Years Statistics – September 26, 2012
- Google PageRank: 3
- MozRank: 5.00
– Visits from 82 Countries: 62% USA, 6% UK, 4% Canada, 3% Australia, 2.5% Philippines, 2% India
- Average Unique Visitors/Month: 1,800+
- Average Page Views per Visit: 1.65
- Avg Views/month (WP stats): 3,350
- TweetReach: 333,500 impressions
- Facebook Followers: 1,001
- LinkedIn Connections: 307
- Google Plus Circlers: 85
- Organic Twitter Followers: 1976
- Klout Score (@jimodonnell2): 65
- RSS Subscribers: 82
- Email Newsletter subscribers: 31
- Pinterest Followers: 91
- Jim O’Donnell is the author of “Notes for the Aurora Society”, “Rise and Go” and dozens of short stories, articles and essays. He regularly can be found guest posting on numerous other blogs, as a newspaper and magazine article author.
- Around the World in Eighty Years can also be found on PinInterest, Flicker, Picasa Web Albums….
Press Trips and Social Media
As an experienced and highly opinionated Travel Writer and Photographer I can get your product out to a bunch of people in a fun and high-quality mixture of words and pictures. A partnership with Around the World in Eighty Years is an effective way to promote your destination, tour, activity, lodging or restaurant. I will publish a review and promote it and my experience on this site as well as on social media outlets. ALL sponsored activity are fully disclosed to readers of Around the World in Eighty Years – my opinions can’t be bought.
Banner ads, widgets and text ads are available at a variety of sizes and priced on a competitive monthly basis. Please contact me directly for price quotes.
A sponsored post is a write-up of 400-800 words that could be an advertorial, a how-to article, or my review of your product, website or service. I write the post based on my own experiences. Again, my opinions can’t be bought. These posts will appear on the front page for a minimum of two weeks then exist as permanently available posts in the archives. ALL sponsored posts and any associated freebies are fully disclosed to readers of Around the World in Eighty Years.
All quoted prices are in US Dollars and payment is preferred through PayPal. You DO NOT need a PayPal account to make a payment via credit card. If you do not use PayPal, other arrangements can be made.
Please contact me directly for more information: email@example.com
Travel Blog Advertising