When is the best time to plant a tree? Twenty years ago. When is the second best time to plant a tree? Right now. So the saying goes and with the world’s population increasingly urbanized, conserving, protecting and propagating urban greenery and urban forests is vitally important. Hong Kong is one of the most densly populated [...]
Archive | GeoTourism RSS feed for this section
Simple answer: Yes. Ok. So you’re the conscious traveler type concerned with how you impact the places you visit. How can you spend money and still benefit the people, environment and communities you visit ? Shop local. I’m a big believer in putting my money where my mouth is. I strongly believe in economic and environmental [...]
It wasn’t easy but I nailed down a hotel room in Goa, India over the phone. I has just popped my first mefloquine and was checking out the online booking rates. I couldn’t help thinking – I could do better than this. I went over a couple of maps and found a hotel, the Ginger [...]
Geotourism is “best practice” tourism that sustains, or even enhances, the geographical character of a place, such as its culture, environment, heritage, and the well-being of its residents. For the past eight months I have been working with the Center for Sustainable Destinations , National Geographic Maps and the Four Corners Region Geotourism Stewardship Council [...]
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Twenty-One Beautiful Birds of Panama – Birdgasm! March 12, 2013
- Spring Rainstorm Pictures – My Shot of the Day – April 1, 2013 April 1, 2013
- Seeking Some Sassy Ceviche at the Fish Market in Panama City February 26, 2013
- Arabian Sea Sunset April 23, 2013
- Balloon Rides and Taos Mesa from Above May 17, 2013
- Evening Rain on the Colombine Hondo Wilderness Study Area – My Shot of the Day – May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013
- Spring in Taos New Mexico – My Shot(S) of the Day – May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013
- Ute Mountain, County of Taos – My Shot of the Day – May 9, 2013 May 9, 2013
- Anne Taylor: Love the pics, especially the toy trucks bigger th...
- Steve Collins: Beautiful! This looks like a painting....
- Jim O\'Donnell: Terri, I didnt think I was aware the NM lacks such...
- Jim O\'Donnell: You think? Hmmmmm...I hadnt thought of that....
Around the World in Eighty Years on Twitter
Follow @jimodonnell2 on Twitter
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2013 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.