There is a memory of the Bounty’s William Bligh in the form of a tree in the Jamaican mountains outside of Kingston. It should be obvious by now that I have a thing for historic travelers. I’m not sure how old I was but after reading the 1932 novel “Mutiny on the Bounty” by Nordhoff and Hall [...]
Archive | Travelers RSS feed for this section
On a chilly afternoon in early April 1799, a group of large horse drawn sledges appeared on the ice off the coast of Oulu in Finland. They had come all the way from Sweden and the horses were tired. Clouds of steam rose from the animal’s flanks. They blew and stomped on ice so clear [...]
Even after Maani died she travelled with Pietro for five years until he could get her back to Italy. Quickly, the group of women attending the body removed her viscera and filled her innards with camphor oil. Next they delivered her heart, likewise camphorized, to Pietro on a saucer. He was less than impressed and [...]
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Twenty-One Beautiful Birds of Panama – Birdgasm! March 12, 2013
- Spring Rainstorm Pictures – My Shot of the Day – April 1, 2013 April 1, 2013
- Seeking Some Sassy Ceviche at the Fish Market in Panama City February 26, 2013
- Arabian Sea Sunset April 23, 2013
- Balloon Rides and Taos Mesa from Above May 17, 2013
- Evening Rain on the Colombine Hondo Wilderness Study Area – My Shot of the Day – May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013
- Spring in Taos New Mexico – My Shot(S) of the Day – May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013
- Ute Mountain, County of Taos – My Shot of the Day – May 9, 2013 May 9, 2013
- Jim O\'Donnell: Cold spot!...
- Jim O\'Donnell: We need more of the wet stuff!...
- Anne Taylor: Love the pics, especially the toy trucks bigger th...
- Steve Collins: Beautiful! This looks like a painting....
Around the World in Eighty Years on Twitter
Follow @jimodonnell2 on Twitter
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2013 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.