Should foreigners pay more? That was the question back at the beginning of summer when a heated discussion ensued among travel bloggers on Facebook. At the center of the debate was the tendency of some world governments to charge foreign visitors more than locals to enter a national monument, archaeological site or wildlife park. The [...]
Archive | Travelers RSS feed for this section
There is a memory of the Bounty’s William Bligh in the form of a tree in the Jamaican mountains outside of Kingston. It should be obvious by now that I have a thing for historic travelers. I’m not sure how old I was but after reading the 1932 novel “Mutiny on the Bounty” by Nordhoff and Hall [...]
On a chilly afternoon in early April 1799, a group of large horse drawn sledges appeared on the ice off the coast of Oulu in Finland. They had come all the way from Sweden and the horses were tired. Clouds of steam rose from the animal’s flanks. They blew and stomped on ice so clear [...]
Even after Maani died she travelled with Pietro for five years until he could get her back to Italy. Quickly, the group of women attending the body removed her viscera and filled her innards with camphor oil. Next they delivered her heart, likewise camphorized, to Pietro on a saucer. He was less than impressed and [...]
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Ecotourism Costa Rica – The Impacts on Three Guides February 11, 2014
- Costa Rica Foods – El Mirador Sitios Angustura February 25, 2014
- Golden Hour Photography – How You Can Use Light to Capture Emotion January 27, 2014
- A City in the Jungle – El Guayabo National Monument – #ecocostarica January 21, 2014
- To Get To The Cloud Forest – #EcoCostaRica April 11, 2014
- Jim O’Donnell Photography- The Brand New Website is LIVE! April 10, 2014
- Native American Petroglyphs in the Rio Grande Gorge – My Shot of the Day April 7, 2014 April 7, 2014
- The Panamonte Inn of Boquete, Panama – A Review March 20, 2014
- Jim O\'Donnell: Geissel V. Madrigal Creo que tienes toda la razon ...
- Jim O\'Donnell: This still makes me feel good!...
- Charli | Wanderlusters: Jim, your wildlife photography never ceases to ins...
- Kite Erasito: Breadfruit - tree the Decade...
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2014 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.