Editor’s note: Last month I had the pleasure to interview Tara Waters Lumpkin the Executive Director of Taos, New Mexico (USA) – based Izilwane about her work to create a global online community sharing stories to connect humans with the natural world and help other species flourish. ~ ~ ~ Bala Dada was stunned when he saw [...]
Archive | Uncategorized RSS feed for this section
Being able to ski or snowboard every single month of the year is an accomplishment seen to be achievable only by the very wealthy or the very dedicated. Chasing the fluffy white stuff around the globe in an inexplicable attempt to satisfy an endless craving to plummet at breakneck speeds down long, steep drops of [...]
There are lots of things you need to consider when planning on going on a holiday. You need to consider when especially with cruises and some destinations are limited by their extreme weather. The following article lists the best destinations to visit depending on the time of year. Alaska This destination has the shortest cruise [...]
I never thought about ENGLISH as the language of love. The language of business…a fabulously literary language…a very flexible and easily accessible language to be sure, but LOVE? I remember one time spending hours and hours talking with a Swiss woman I was head-over-heels for in an outdoor cafe in Bern. We switched from English [...]
The best way to see the major theme parks in Florida is on VIP tours where you’re ushered behind-the-scenes and given exclusive access to rides, shows and events. Advanced reservations are required and regular admission to the theme park is not included. Some tours have age limits and proper identification may be required. If you’re [...]
The 2013 Travel Blogging Calendar for Charity is your chance to support some great non-profit organizations and have a little fun doing it – and its just $25! And it IS lot of fun. Herein lie 23 of the hottest male and female travel bloggers on the inner tubes – and me! ~ ~ ~ When I was 17-years [...]
Yup. I turn a ripe 42 years old today. On a more important note, Around the World in Eighty Years turns two-years old! I posted a shot of myself last year on my birthday. So, here is a brand new one from my hike a few days ago to the highest point in New Mexico. ~~~ [...]
Hey all, Over the next week, Around the World in Eighty Years will undergo some substantial changes including…. – a whole new appearance, – better access to previous posts and photographs, – an e-book, – increased number and regularity of posts, – options for an email newsletter, – video (and later in the year podcasting), [...]
Please, for those of you in the USA, take a few minutes today to contact your Senator and Congressman and voice your opposition to SOPA – the latest and most serious attempt to censor the internet. Please oppose S.968, the Protect IP Act. This bill could destroy the Internet as we know it. What is [...]
Hey friends! All my photographs are NOW 30% OFF! Use Code: Use Code: CANDYCANE30 Go to my photography store to begin! Thanks! ##
Hey friends! All my photographs are NOW 30% OFF! Use Code: 30ELF at check out. Valid until 12/8/11 at 11:59 PM EST. Go to my photography store to begin! Thanks! ##
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Kvarken Project: VOTE for the Photograph You Want & See the Faces of the People I Met September 4, 2014
- Twenty-One Beautiful Birds of Costa Rica – More Birdgasm! July 24, 2014
- Helsinki at Night – My Shot(s) of the Day – August 5, 2014 August 5, 2014
- Fried Muikku!! – My Shot(s) of the Day – August 11, 2014 August 11, 2014
- Roma Man in the Slovakian Countryside – My Shot of the Day, October 12, 2014 October 12, 2014
- Up Slovakia’s Wild Koprovsky Dolina October 8, 2014
- Register and Win! International Expeditions Announces Travel to Cuba September 29, 2014
- My European Wilderness Trip September 28, 2014
- Crazy Sexy Fun Traveler: Hope you enjoyed it! Such a shame we could not mee...
- Roma Man in the Slovakian Countryside - My Shot of the Day, October 12, 2014: […] clouds rolled back over the mountains an...
- Jim O\'Donnell: Thank you Julia. Still much more to come....
- Jim O\'Donnell: Thank you so much Cynthia!...
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2014 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.