Katlanovo sat in the snow deep in the mountains. The buildings of the summer camp dormitories were pale blue and spread into a stand of cyprus and pine. The air was hazy and orange and completely still. In front of the gate, a Macedonian police officer sat in a cramped hut playing cards with a group [...]
The Neotropic Cormorant (Phalacrocorax brasilianus). On the Rio Grande near Soccoro, New Mexico. March 17, 2011. ## cormorant bird
One week ago, a slightly macho man and his two slightly pre-teen daughters requested the scariest two rooms in the hotel. Rooms 17 and 18 are right next to one another. A tiled, modernistic bathroom links the rooms. The bathroom was also where the cowboy was found hanged. Had he done it himself or had he [...]
Inspired by a lovely spring day, the need for peace given a day or wars and earthquakes, hate and racism, the great #frifotos subject CALM and the lovely photos I’ve seen there as well as by a new AR connection who loves northern NM….I give you calm. Whitman Vega, Valle Vidal, New Mexico. AHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh……………
Archaeology, beer and food have motivated award-winning author and photographer Jim O’Donnell’s twenty-five years of travel to over forty countries on five continents - and are at least partially to blame for the five languages he is sure he can stumble through. Jim is the author of “Notes for the Aurora Society”, and “Rise and Go a collection of 200+ images and short stories from Around the World as well as numerous other sordid tales, articles, half-finished novels, works in progress, essays and other scribbling. Jim is the owner and head monkey here at Around the World in Eighty Years.
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Great Sand Dunes in Colorado – My Shot of the Day – June 17, 2014 June 17, 2014
- My Shot(s) of the Day – Taos Lightning – July 2, 2014 July 2, 2014
- Twenty-One Beautiful Birds of Costa Rica – More Birdgasm! July 24, 2014
- Helsinki at Night – My Shot(s) of the Day – August 5, 2014 August 5, 2014
- A Finnish Photographer – My Shot of the Day – Aug 20, 2014 August 20, 2014
- The Bodvattnet at Bodback – Kvarken World Heritage Site August 18, 2014
- Norra Kvarken Sunset – My Shot of the Day – August 12, 2014 August 12, 2014
- Fried Muikku!! – My Shot(s) of the Day – August 11, 2014 August 11, 2014
- Agness: I eat Indian food here in Amsterdam from time to t...
- Jim O\'Donnell: It ended happily Jess.....with me driving away!...
- Jim O\'Donnell: She might have thought....who is that CREEP!!? ...
- Steve Parsons: Thanks for the info, Jim, we really appreciate it!...
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2014 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.