Right in Metro Vancouver, BC, Canada is a gem of a place. Lynn Canyon Park Map(pdf) This isn’t my usual self-punishing 30-mile, 4000-foot up hike over rock and ice. This isn’t some grand adventure. Instead, Lynn Canyon is the perfect stroll through a fairyland-like temperate rainforest of steep cliffs, a turquoise creek and crashing waterfalls. Mist [...]
I came to Juorkuna before the day was hot. Veikko arrived at the same time and sat in his Lada smoking a cigarette. There was a store at Juorkuna. A square, yellow building with a sloping roof and newspapers in the windows. Behind it was an abandoned wooden house painted a deep, rusty, red. Buttercup [...]
Growth and Growing Pains in St. Petersburg, Russia The woman with the dog lived in a farm house surrounded by vegetable gardens and sunflowers on the edge of St Petersburg Russia. The growth of the city – in the form of giant, Soviet-style apartment blocks had reached the edges of her property. Her looking up [...]
Archaeology, beer and food have motivated award-winning author and photographer Jim O’Donnell’s twenty-five years of travel to over forty countries on five continents - and are at least partially to blame for the five languages he is sure he can stumble through. Jim is the author of “Notes for the Aurora Society”, and “Rise and Go a collection of 200+ images and short stories from Around the World as well as numerous other sordid tales, articles, half-finished novels, works in progress, essays and other scribbling. Jim is the owner and head monkey here at Around the World in Eighty Years.
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Should Foreigners Pay More? Damn Straight. September 19, 2013
- On The River Arno – Florence – My Shot of the Day, September 28, 2013 September 28, 2013
- “No. No. You May Not Have an Americano” – My Shot of the Day – October 5, 2013 October 5, 2013
- Larciano Castello – My Shot of the Day – October 9, 2013 October 9, 2013
- Australia’s Most Delectable Food Trails November 25, 2013
- Taos Mountain, New Mexico – My Shot of the Day – November 23, 2013 November 23, 2013
- I’m Off to Costa Rica in Two Weeks! November 20, 2013
- Five Barcelona Museums Not to be Missed November 18, 2013
- Weddingfireworks Solihull: With nearly 20 years of experience and involved wi...
- Jim O\'Donnell: Thanks Emm! I certainly will!...
- Emm Balabat: gosh this is aweseom! have a great adventure!...
- Jim O\'Donnell: it was cold to be sure! Another cold one tonight....
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2013 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.