Right in Metro Vancouver, BC, Canada is a gem of a place. Lynn Canyon Park Map(pdf) This isn’t my usual self-punishing 30-mile, 4000-foot up hike over rock and ice. This isn’t some grand adventure. Instead, Lynn Canyon is the perfect stroll through a fairyland-like temperate rainforest of steep cliffs, a turquoise creek and crashing waterfalls. Mist [...]
I came to Juorkuna before the day was hot. Veikko arrived at the same time and sat in his Lada smoking a cigarette. There was a store at Juorkuna. A square, yellow building with a sloping roof and newspapers in the windows. Behind it was an abandoned wooden house painted a deep, rusty, red. Buttercup [...]
Growth and Growing Pains in St. Petersburg, Russia The woman with the dog lived in a farm house surrounded by vegetable gardens and sunflowers on the edge of St Petersburg Russia. The growth of the city – in the form of giant, Soviet-style apartment blocks had reached the edges of her property. Her looking up [...]
Archaeology, beer and food have motivated award-winning author and photographer Jim O’Donnell’s twenty-five years of travel to over forty countries on five continents - and are at least partially to blame for the five languages he is sure he can stumble through. Jim is the author of “Notes for the Aurora Society”, and “Rise and Go a collection of 200+ images and short stories from Around the World as well as numerous other sordid tales, articles, half-finished novels, works in progress, essays and other scribbling. Jim is the owner and head monkey here at Around the World in Eighty Years.
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- A Taste of Costa Rican Wildlife from La Selva Biological Station December 7, 2013
- Pictures of My 2013 – 24 Captures from All Over December 31, 2013
- Lankester Botanical Garden – #EcoCostaRica January 8, 2014
- Ecotourism Costa Rica – The Impacts on Three Guides February 11, 2014
- The Supernova of 1054 – My Shot of the Day – March 5, 2014 March 5, 2014
- Costa Rica Foods – El Mirador Sitios Angustura February 25, 2014
- The Top Five Attractions in Miami, FL February 25, 2014
- Dust Storm Hits Chaco Canyon Park – My Shot of the Day – Feb 21, 2014 February 21, 2014
- Raphael Alexander Zoren: Very good article! I agree with everything on it, ...
- Top Bloggers Talk Sustainable Travel: […] Diversity can survive and thrive in the ...
- Cathy Strisik: Well, there is so much evidence about pesticides c...
- Jim O\'Donnell: Motte Thomas - I agree!...
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2014 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.