Early morning storms are a rarity in northern New Mexico. We usually wake to clear blue skies, no wind and lots of sun. However, this morning we got one of those odd storms. There was a fabulous lightening display about 630am, then the mountains disappeared behind a wall of clouds and rain poured down at the house. Everything was a dark blue. Just as suddenly, the storm broke and moved off north into Colorado, leaving us with a dusting of snow on the mountains and those perfectly blue skies we are used to.
Photo Essay – This Morning’s Storm
Keep in Touch
- Balloon Rides and Taos Mesa from Above
- Evening Rain on the Colombine Hondo Wilderness Study Area – My Shot of the Day – May 16, 2013
- Spring in Taos New Mexico – My Shot(S) of the Day – May 13, 2013
- Ute Mountain, County of Taos – My Shot of the Day – May 9, 2013
- Ruby Throated Hummingbird – My Shot of the Day – May 6, 2013