“The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings.” ~ Masanobu Fukuoka The magpies sat in the apple tree that sheltered the corn. They were large and thick and daring. The birds considered us with their ridiculously intelligent eyes. “They were watching like [...]
Tag Archives | autumn
Well, OK. There was nothing “hot” about this roof. Nor “tin”. In fact, yesterday evening was a chilly (but not cold), shingle-covered garage roof in a Pueblo, Colorado backyard – a roof my brother and I frequented as kids. I hoisted my daughter up for a view and when she pranced along the peak of [...]
There was never a time I didn’t know this mountain. From the house I grew up in, you could walk down the driveway to the street, turn left, walk less than 30 yards and look right – and there is was. And still is. Pikes Peak Colorado is 14,115 ft (4,302 m) high and the [...]
The 2012 Taos Mountain Balloon Rally kicked off early Friday morning (Oct. 26) here in my town of Taos, New Mexico with a select group of invitational pilots and their massive envelopes. It was damn chilly and the wind kept them from doing much but Saturday morning we got the full treat as they climbed [...]
North Crestone Colorado October on the North Crestone creek route in the Sangre de Cristo Wilderness of Colorado. …the Sangre de Cristo mountains are fault-block mountains and are no less grand. Sharply uplifted blocks and high pointed pinnacles characterize the Sangre de Cristo mountains creating one of the most stunning Colorado landscapes. The third largest [...]
Fall colors 2012….here they come! Expect alot more of these types of shots over the coming weeks as we slide further from summer. I may suffer my way through winter but I’m infatuated with the cool air and bright colors of fall. During winter, there is not enough light or water for photosynthesis. The trees [...]
A major winter storm is moving into our area over the next 12 hours – and these guys are getting the heck out. We’ve had high winds all day and it is only supposed to get worse.
This bighorn sheep and his harem of seven were on the wall of the Rio Grande Gorge about 10 miles south of Taos, New Mexico on November 18, 2011.
Sunset Photography from Taos, New Mexico
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Kvarken Project: VOTE for the Photograph You Want & See the Faces of the People I Met September 4, 2014
- Twenty-One Beautiful Birds of Costa Rica – More Birdgasm! July 24, 2014
- Helsinki at Night – My Shot(s) of the Day – August 5, 2014 August 5, 2014
- Fried Muikku!! – My Shot(s) of the Day – August 11, 2014 August 11, 2014
- Roma Man in the Slovakian Countryside – My Shot of the Day, October 12, 2014 October 12, 2014
- Up Slovakia’s Wild Koprovsky Dolina October 8, 2014
- Register and Win! International Expeditions Announces Travel to Cuba September 29, 2014
- My European Wilderness Trip September 28, 2014
- Crazy Sexy Fun Traveler: Hope you enjoyed it! Such a shame we could not mee...
- Roma Man in the Slovakian Countryside - My Shot of the Day, October 12, 2014: […] clouds rolled back over the mountains an...
- Jim O\'Donnell: Thank you Julia. Still much more to come....
- Jim O\'Donnell: Thank you so much Cynthia!...
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2014 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.