Here is the last shot from my five weeks in Finland and France. From here on out I will get back to my goal of posting the photo on the day I took it. I spent most of my final day (was that really just the day before yesterday?) on the train from Helsinki to [...]
Tag Archives | boats
The m/s Tiira leaves several times a day from the dock in Vasa. The small tour boat holds about thirty and most tend to be Finns. There are the older women’s groups on their weekly excursion, the small families out to see a few birds, a romantic couple or two and, of course, those looking [...]
The top image is from Ouanga Bay, Haiti showing fishermen heading out at dusk. I circled the camera lense with a napkin. The lower image is from a fish store in Bodo, Norway and is of a very large, dried fish-head in a glass counter.
Suomen Suvi – Sweet Summer in Finland
I walk the rooms of the flat in the depth of night when a soft breeze spreads the curtains over the kitchen table and around the edge of the cheap blue couches. But it is not so deep. The light is pink and soft. There is a midnight plant that smells like a clean laundry detergent and its [...]
It has been hotter than hell in Finland this week. I swear it is hotter in Helsinki than it was in Haiti just two weeks ago. So a nice dip in the Baltic is what everyone is the solution many Finns seek.
Finnish boys afloat on their homemade boat. Vesijarvi. Lahti. Finland.
Haiti Photos: Crossing the Artibonite at Deslandes The Artibonite River is a 320 km long river in Haiti. It is the longest as well as the most important river in Haiti and the longest on the island of Hispaniola. Forming part of the international border between Haiti and the Dominican Republic, the river’s sources are in the Cordillera Central in the Dominican [...]
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Should Foreigners Pay More? Damn Straight. September 19, 2013
- On The River Arno – Florence – My Shot of the Day, September 28, 2013 September 28, 2013
- “No. No. You May Not Have an Americano” – My Shot of the Day – October 5, 2013 October 5, 2013
- Larciano Castello – My Shot of the Day – October 9, 2013 October 9, 2013
- Taos Mountain, New Mexico – My Shot of the Day – November 23, 2013 November 23, 2013
- I’m Off to Costa Rica in Two Weeks! November 20, 2013
- Five Barcelona Museums Not to be Missed November 18, 2013
- Big Horn Sheep Ram – My Shot of the Day – November 18, 2013 November 18, 2013
- Jim O\'Donnell: No dinty. All home made. YUM! Hows it shaking MO...
- Cheryl Bleick: Dinty Less ...
- Diane Rodriguez: Beautiful Shots....
- Jim O\'Donnell: Daniela Klein Very true. Toasty!...
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2013 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.