Here is the last shot from my five weeks in Finland and France. From here on out I will get back to my goal of posting the photo on the day I took it. I spent most of my final day (was that really just the day before yesterday?) on the train from Helsinki to [...]
Tag Archives | boats
The m/s Tiira leaves several times a day from the dock in Vasa. The small tour boat holds about thirty and most tend to be Finns. There are the older women’s groups on their weekly excursion, the small families out to see a few birds, a romantic couple or two and, of course, those looking [...]
The top image is from Ouanga Bay, Haiti showing fishermen heading out at dusk. I circled the camera lense with a napkin. The lower image is from a fish store in Bodo, Norway and is of a very large, dried fish-head in a glass counter.
Suomen Suvi – Sweet Summer in Finland
I walk the rooms of the flat in the depth of night when a soft breeze spreads the curtains over the kitchen table and around the edge of the cheap blue couches. But it is not so deep. The light is pink and soft. There is a midnight plant that smells like a clean laundry detergent and its [...]
It has been hotter than hell in Finland this week. I swear it is hotter in Helsinki than it was in Haiti just two weeks ago. So a nice dip in the Baltic is what everyone is the solution many Finns seek.
Finnish boys afloat on their homemade boat. Vesijarvi. Lahti. Finland.
Haiti Photos: Crossing the Artibonite at Deslandes The Artibonite River is a 320 km long river in Haiti. It is the longest as well as the most important river in Haiti and the longest on the island of Hispaniola. Forming part of the international border between Haiti and the Dominican Republic, the river’s sources are in the Cordillera Central in the Dominican [...]
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Lankester Botanical Garden – #EcoCostaRica January 8, 2014
- Ecotourism Costa Rica – The Impacts on Three Guides February 11, 2014
- Costa Rica Foods – El Mirador Sitios Angustura February 25, 2014
- Golden Hour Photography – How You Can Use Light to Capture Emotion January 27, 2014
- To Get To The Cloud Forest – #EcoCostaRica April 11, 2014
- Jim O’Donnell Photography- The Brand New Website is LIVE! April 10, 2014
- Native American Petroglyphs in the Rio Grande Gorge – My Shot of the Day April 7, 2014 April 7, 2014
- The Panamonte Inn of Boquete, Panama – A Review March 20, 2014
- latin: so do costa rica. Costa rica say they have also m...
- Jim O\'Donnell: Thank you and thank you also for the support you...
- Jim O\'Donnell: Thank you so much CheyAnne! That means ALOT comin...
- Jim O\'Donnell: VadoVia yes indeed! What photo are you thinking o...
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2014 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.