(Taba, Egypt. January 1992) The man leaned down, coughed, cleared his throat with a rough scraping sound and spat a massive, grayish brown glob of phlegm right in the center of my passport. “Isra-eil people shit!” he shouted. That was Mohammed Abdel. He ran the drink and food stand on the Egyptian-Israeli border near Taba. [...]
Tag Archives | egypt
Hitchhiking the Nile One of the smartest things I ever did was to hitchike my way down the Nile. This is another scan of an older paper photo – which accounts for the lack of clarity. Sadly, even for someone as organized as myself, I can’t find the negative. As I wrote before, I will [...]
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Twenty-One Beautiful Birds of Panama – Birdgasm! March 12, 2013
- Spring Rainstorm Pictures – My Shot of the Day – April 1, 2013 April 1, 2013
- Seeking Some Sassy Ceviche at the Fish Market in Panama City February 26, 2013
- Arabian Sea Sunset April 23, 2013
- Cliff Swallows – My Shot of the Day – May 24, 2013 May 25, 2013
- Balloon Rides and Taos Mesa from Above May 17, 2013
- Evening Rain on the Colombine Hondo Wilderness Study Area – My Shot of the Day – May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013
- Spring in Taos New Mexico – My Shot(S) of the Day – May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013
- Taos Rag: thanks!...
- Spring Reflection - My Shot of the Day - April 11, 2013Around the World in Eighty Years: [...] like this one alot [...]...
- Jim O\'Donnell: Cold spot!...
- Jim O\'Donnell: We need more of the wet stuff!...
Around the World in Eighty Years on Twitter
Follow @jimodonnell2 on Twitter
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2013 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.