White Headed Buffalo Weaver I really loved this shot but could not squeeze it in before I left for Europe in March. So, here it is. A passerine native to East Africa, the ‘buffalo’ part of its name comes from its habit of trailing the African Buffalo and feeding on disturbed insects in the soil behind [...]
Tag Archives | gray
I was hunting a sunset shot as a small storm rolled over the Sangre de Cristos and colored the sky pink. Then I saw the cat on his own hunt among a group of sleepy horses. I’m not sure if cats can take down horses but the black cat here sure thought he could. ## [...]
Here is the last shot from my five weeks in Finland and France. From here on out I will get back to my goal of posting the photo on the day I took it. I spent most of my final day (was that really just the day before yesterday?) on the train from Helsinki to [...]
Taos, New Mexico got its second hit of winter over night. In the lower elevations accumulations was less than 1/2 inch but the high country got dumped on – over 10 inches in the Taos Ski Valley. The storm is moving off with a slow but steady rise in temperatures today. Winter is coming after [...]
Perisoreus canadensis. Wheeler Peak Wilderness, New Mexico. September 24, 2011
The m/s Tiira leaves several times a day from the dock in Vasa. The small tour boat holds about thirty and most tend to be Finns. There are the older women’s groups on their weekly excursion, the small families out to see a few birds, a romantic couple or two and, of course, those looking [...]
Still more snow on the mountain this morning after another night of rain. Cool and crisp and like Fall.
The top image is from Ouanga Bay, Haiti showing fishermen heading out at dusk. I circled the camera lense with a napkin. The lower image is from a fish store in Bodo, Norway and is of a very large, dried fish-head in a glass counter.
## Silde Show: San Francisco de Asis Church – Taos New Mexico
San Francisco de Asis Church. Ranchos de Taos, NM, USA Ranchos de Taos Church is for sale here.
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Should Foreigners Pay More? Damn Straight. September 19, 2013
- On The River Arno – Florence – My Shot of the Day, September 28, 2013 September 28, 2013
- “No. No. You May Not Have an Americano” – My Shot of the Day – October 5, 2013 October 5, 2013
- Larciano Castello – My Shot of the Day – October 9, 2013 October 9, 2013
- Taos Mountain, New Mexico – My Shot of the Day – November 23, 2013 November 23, 2013
- I’m Off to Costa Rica in Two Weeks! November 20, 2013
- Five Barcelona Museums Not to be Missed November 18, 2013
- Big Horn Sheep Ram – My Shot of the Day – November 18, 2013 November 18, 2013
- Jim O\'Donnell: No dinty. All home made. YUM! Hows it shaking MO...
- Cheryl Bleick: Dinty Less ...
- Diane Rodriguez: Beautiful Shots....
- Jim O\'Donnell: Daniela Klein Very true. Toasty!...
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2013 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.