White Headed Buffalo Weaver I really loved this shot but could not squeeze it in before I left for Europe in March. So, here it is. A passerine native to East Africa, the ‘buffalo’ part of its name comes from its habit of trailing the African Buffalo and feeding on disturbed insects in the soil behind [...]
Tag Archives | gray
I was hunting a sunset shot as a small storm rolled over the Sangre de Cristos and colored the sky pink. Then I saw the cat on his own hunt among a group of sleepy horses. I’m not sure if cats can take down horses but the black cat here sure thought he could. ## [...]
Here is the last shot from my five weeks in Finland and France. From here on out I will get back to my goal of posting the photo on the day I took it. I spent most of my final day (was that really just the day before yesterday?) on the train from Helsinki to [...]
Taos, New Mexico got its second hit of winter over night. In the lower elevations accumulations was less than 1/2 inch but the high country got dumped on – over 10 inches in the Taos Ski Valley. The storm is moving off with a slow but steady rise in temperatures today. Winter is coming after [...]
Perisoreus canadensis. Wheeler Peak Wilderness, New Mexico. September 24, 2011
The m/s Tiira leaves several times a day from the dock in Vasa. The small tour boat holds about thirty and most tend to be Finns. There are the older women’s groups on their weekly excursion, the small families out to see a few birds, a romantic couple or two and, of course, those looking [...]
Still more snow on the mountain this morning after another night of rain. Cool and crisp and like Fall.
The top image is from Ouanga Bay, Haiti showing fishermen heading out at dusk. I circled the camera lense with a napkin. The lower image is from a fish store in Bodo, Norway and is of a very large, dried fish-head in a glass counter.
## Silde Show: San Francisco de Asis Church – Taos New Mexico
San Francisco de Asis Church. Ranchos de Taos, NM, USA Ranchos de Taos Church is for sale here.
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Lankester Botanical Garden – #EcoCostaRica January 8, 2014
- Ecotourism Costa Rica – The Impacts on Three Guides February 11, 2014
- Costa Rica Foods – El Mirador Sitios Angustura February 25, 2014
- Golden Hour Photography – How You Can Use Light to Capture Emotion January 27, 2014
- To Get To The Cloud Forest – #EcoCostaRica April 11, 2014
- Jim O’Donnell Photography- The Brand New Website is LIVE! April 10, 2014
- Native American Petroglyphs in the Rio Grande Gorge – My Shot of the Day April 7, 2014 April 7, 2014
- The Panamonte Inn of Boquete, Panama – A Review March 20, 2014
- latin: so do costa rica. Costa rica say they have also m...
- Jim O\'Donnell: Thank you and thank you also for the support you...
- Jim O\'Donnell: Thank you so much CheyAnne! That means ALOT comin...
- Jim O\'Donnell: VadoVia yes indeed! What photo are you thinking o...
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2014 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.