White Headed Buffalo Weaver I really loved this shot but could not squeeze it in before I left for Europe in March. So, here it is. A passerine native to East Africa, the ‘buffalo’ part of its name comes from its habit of trailing the African Buffalo and feeding on disturbed insects in the soil behind [...]
Tag Archives | gray
I was hunting a sunset shot as a small storm rolled over the Sangre de Cristos and colored the sky pink. Then I saw the cat on his own hunt among a group of sleepy horses. I’m not sure if cats can take down horses but the black cat here sure thought he could. ## [...]
Here is the last shot from my five weeks in Finland and France. From here on out I will get back to my goal of posting the photo on the day I took it. I spent most of my final day (was that really just the day before yesterday?) on the train from Helsinki to [...]
Taos, New Mexico got its second hit of winter over night. In the lower elevations accumulations was less than 1/2 inch but the high country got dumped on – over 10 inches in the Taos Ski Valley. The storm is moving off with a slow but steady rise in temperatures today. Winter is coming after [...]
Perisoreus canadensis. Wheeler Peak Wilderness, New Mexico. September 24, 2011
The m/s Tiira leaves several times a day from the dock in Vasa. The small tour boat holds about thirty and most tend to be Finns. There are the older women’s groups on their weekly excursion, the small families out to see a few birds, a romantic couple or two and, of course, those looking [...]
Still more snow on the mountain this morning after another night of rain. Cool and crisp and like Fall.
The top image is from Ouanga Bay, Haiti showing fishermen heading out at dusk. I circled the camera lense with a napkin. The lower image is from a fish store in Bodo, Norway and is of a very large, dried fish-head in a glass counter.
## Silde Show: San Francisco de Asis Church – Taos New Mexico
San Francisco de Asis Church. Ranchos de Taos, NM, USA Ranchos de Taos Church is for sale here.
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Twenty-One Beautiful Birds of Panama – Birdgasm! March 12, 2013
- Spring Rainstorm Pictures – My Shot of the Day – April 1, 2013 April 1, 2013
- Seeking Some Sassy Ceviche at the Fish Market in Panama City February 26, 2013
- Arabian Sea Sunset April 23, 2013
- Balloon Rides and Taos Mesa from Above May 17, 2013
- Evening Rain on the Colombine Hondo Wilderness Study Area – My Shot of the Day – May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013
- Spring in Taos New Mexico – My Shot(S) of the Day – May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013
- Ute Mountain, County of Taos – My Shot of the Day – May 9, 2013 May 9, 2013
- Jim O\'Donnell: Cold spot!...
- Jim O\'Donnell: We need more of the wet stuff!...
- Anne Taylor: Love the pics, especially the toy trucks bigger th...
- Steve Collins: Beautiful! This looks like a painting....
Around the World in Eighty Years on Twitter
Follow @jimodonnell2 on Twitter
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2013 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.