White Headed Buffalo Weaver I really loved this shot but could not squeeze it in before I left for Europe in March. So, here it is. A passerine native to East Africa, the ‘buffalo’ part of its name comes from its habit of trailing the African Buffalo and feeding on disturbed insects in the soil behind [...]
Tag Archives | gray
I was hunting a sunset shot as a small storm rolled over the Sangre de Cristos and colored the sky pink. Then I saw the cat on his own hunt among a group of sleepy horses. I’m not sure if cats can take down horses but the black cat here sure thought he could. ## [...]
Here is the last shot from my five weeks in Finland and France. From here on out I will get back to my goal of posting the photo on the day I took it. I spent most of my final day (was that really just the day before yesterday?) on the train from Helsinki to [...]
Taos, New Mexico got its second hit of winter over night. In the lower elevations accumulations was less than 1/2 inch but the high country got dumped on – over 10 inches in the Taos Ski Valley. The storm is moving off with a slow but steady rise in temperatures today. Winter is coming after [...]
Perisoreus canadensis. Wheeler Peak Wilderness, New Mexico. September 24, 2011
The m/s Tiira leaves several times a day from the dock in Vasa. The small tour boat holds about thirty and most tend to be Finns. There are the older women’s groups on their weekly excursion, the small families out to see a few birds, a romantic couple or two and, of course, those looking [...]
Still more snow on the mountain this morning after another night of rain. Cool and crisp and like Fall.
The top image is from Ouanga Bay, Haiti showing fishermen heading out at dusk. I circled the camera lense with a napkin. The lower image is from a fish store in Bodo, Norway and is of a very large, dried fish-head in a glass counter.
## Silde Show: San Francisco de Asis Church – Taos New Mexico
San Francisco de Asis Church. Ranchos de Taos, NM, USA Ranchos de Taos Church is for sale here.
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Kvarken Project: VOTE for the Photograph You Want & See the Faces of the People I Met September 4, 2014
- Twenty-One Beautiful Birds of Costa Rica – More Birdgasm! July 24, 2014
- Helsinki at Night – My Shot(s) of the Day – August 5, 2014 August 5, 2014
- Fried Muikku!! – My Shot(s) of the Day – August 11, 2014 August 11, 2014
- Roma Man in the Slovakian Countryside – My Shot of the Day, October 12, 2014 October 12, 2014
- Up Slovakia’s Wild Koprovsky Dolina October 8, 2014
- Register and Win! International Expeditions Announces Travel to Cuba September 29, 2014
- My European Wilderness Trip September 28, 2014
- Crazy Sexy Fun Traveler: Hope you enjoyed it! Such a shame we could not mee...
- Roma Man in the Slovakian Countryside - My Shot of the Day, October 12, 2014: […] clouds rolled back over the mountains an...
- Jim O\'Donnell: Thank you Julia. Still much more to come....
- Jim O\'Donnell: Thank you so much Cynthia!...
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2014 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.