Simple answer: Yes. Ok. So you’re the conscious traveler type concerned with how you impact the places you visit. How can you spend money and still benefit the people, environment and communities you visit ? Shop local. I’m a big believer in putting my money where my mouth is. I strongly believe in economic and environmental [...]
Tag Archives | Meta
Hey all, Over the next week, Around the World in Eighty Years will undergo some substantial changes including…. – a whole new appearance, – better access to previous posts and photographs, – an e-book, – increased number and regularity of posts, – options for an email newsletter, – video (and later in the year podcasting), [...]
I walk the rooms of the flat in the depth of night when a soft breeze spreads the curtains over the kitchen table and around the edge of the cheap blue couches. But it is not so deep. The light is pink and soft. There is a midnight plant that smells like a clean laundry detergent and its [...]
One of the many lakes of Finland
Sunset in Finland west of Lahti. In all the years I’ve spent in Finland I’ve never known the nights to be white. Summer sunset in Finland are more….red or pink as the fog moves throught the trees and catches the slanted summer light. Here is one of my favorite lakes in Finland. Vesijärvi: This irregularly [...]
I’ll dribble out the photos from Haiti over the next two weeks as I work my way through them. Here is the first. These are two of the farmers we are working with in the remote community of Deslandes in the Artibonite Valley. They had been working all day in the sun with nothing to [...]
Meet me at Cowboy Wash for dinner. Bring….just….just you…
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Lankester Botanical Garden – #EcoCostaRica January 8, 2014
- Ecotourism Costa Rica – The Impacts on Three Guides February 11, 2014
- Costa Rica Foods – El Mirador Sitios Angustura February 25, 2014
- Golden Hour Photography – How You Can Use Light to Capture Emotion January 27, 2014
- To Get To The Cloud Forest – #EcoCostaRica April 11, 2014
- Jim O’Donnell Photography- The Brand New Website is LIVE! April 10, 2014
- Native American Petroglyphs in the Rio Grande Gorge – My Shot of the Day April 7, 2014 April 7, 2014
- The Panamonte Inn of Boquete, Panama – A Review March 20, 2014
- latin: so do costa rica. Costa rica say they have also m...
- Jim O\'Donnell: Thank you and thank you also for the support you...
- Jim O\'Donnell: Thank you so much CheyAnne! That means ALOT comin...
- Jim O\'Donnell: VadoVia yes indeed! What photo are you thinking o...
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2014 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.