Simple answer: Yes. Ok. So you’re the conscious traveler type concerned with how you impact the places you visit. How can you spend money and still benefit the people, environment and communities you visit ? Shop local. I’m a big believer in putting my money where my mouth is. I strongly believe in economic and environmental [...]
Tag Archives | Meta
Hey all, Over the next week, Around the World in Eighty Years will undergo some substantial changes including…. – a whole new appearance, – better access to previous posts and photographs, – an e-book, – increased number and regularity of posts, – options for an email newsletter, – video (and later in the year podcasting), [...]
I walk the rooms of the flat in the depth of night when a soft breeze spreads the curtains over the kitchen table and around the edge of the cheap blue couches. But it is not so deep. The light is pink and soft. There is a midnight plant that smells like a clean laundry detergent and its [...]
One of the many lakes of Finland
Sunset in Finland west of Lahti. In all the years I’ve spent in Finland I’ve never known the nights to be white. Summer sunset in Finland are more….red or pink as the fog moves throught the trees and catches the slanted summer light. Here is one of my favorite lakes in Finland. Vesijärvi: This irregularly [...]
I’ll dribble out the photos from Haiti over the next two weeks as I work my way through them. Here is the first. These are two of the farmers we are working with in the remote community of Deslandes in the Artibonite Valley. They had been working all day in the sun with nothing to [...]
Meet me at Cowboy Wash for dinner. Bring….just….just you…
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Kvarken Project: VOTE for the Photograph You Want & See the Faces of the People I Met September 4, 2014
- Twenty-One Beautiful Birds of Costa Rica – More Birdgasm! July 24, 2014
- Helsinki at Night – My Shot(s) of the Day – August 5, 2014 August 5, 2014
- Fried Muikku!! – My Shot(s) of the Day – August 11, 2014 August 11, 2014
- Roma Man in the Slovakian Countryside – My Shot of the Day, October 12, 2014 October 12, 2014
- Up Slovakia’s Wild Koprovsky Dolina October 8, 2014
- Register and Win! International Expeditions Announces Travel to Cuba September 29, 2014
- My European Wilderness Trip September 28, 2014
- Crazy Sexy Fun Traveler: Hope you enjoyed it! Such a shame we could not mee...
- Roma Man in the Slovakian Countryside - My Shot of the Day, October 12, 2014: […] clouds rolled back over the mountains an...
- Jim O\'Donnell: Thank you Julia. Still much more to come....
- Jim O\'Donnell: Thank you so much Cynthia!...
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2014 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.