Simple answer: Yes. Ok. So you’re the conscious traveler type concerned with how you impact the places you visit. How can you spend money and still benefit the people, environment and communities you visit ? Shop local. I’m a big believer in putting my money where my mouth is. I strongly believe in economic and environmental [...]
Tag Archives | Meta
Hey all, Over the next week, Around the World in Eighty Years will undergo some substantial changes including…. – a whole new appearance, – better access to previous posts and photographs, – an e-book, – increased number and regularity of posts, – options for an email newsletter, – video (and later in the year podcasting), [...]
I walk the rooms of the flat in the depth of night when a soft breeze spreads the curtains over the kitchen table and around the edge of the cheap blue couches. But it is not so deep. The light is pink and soft. There is a midnight plant that smells like a clean laundry detergent and its [...]
One of the many lakes of Finland
Sunset in Finland west of Lahti. In all the years I’ve spent in Finland I’ve never known the nights to be white. Summer sunset in Finland are more….red or pink as the fog moves throught the trees and catches the slanted summer light. Here is one of my favorite lakes in Finland. Vesijärvi: This irregularly [...]
I’ll dribble out the photos from Haiti over the next two weeks as I work my way through them. Here is the first. These are two of the farmers we are working with in the remote community of Deslandes in the Artibonite Valley. They had been working all day in the sun with nothing to [...]
Meet me at Cowboy Wash for dinner. Bring….just….just you…
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Should Foreigners Pay More? Damn Straight. September 19, 2013
- On The River Arno – Florence – My Shot of the Day, September 28, 2013 September 28, 2013
- “No. No. You May Not Have an Americano” – My Shot of the Day – October 5, 2013 October 5, 2013
- Larciano Castello – My Shot of the Day – October 9, 2013 October 9, 2013
- Taos Mountain, New Mexico – My Shot of the Day – November 23, 2013 November 23, 2013
- I’m Off to Costa Rica in Two Weeks! November 20, 2013
- Five Barcelona Museums Not to be Missed November 18, 2013
- Big Horn Sheep Ram – My Shot of the Day – November 18, 2013 November 18, 2013
- Jim O\'Donnell: OH...now I see you said DE saturated. Hahahaha. ...
- Jim O\'Donnell: Noel, can you believe that I actually DE-saturated...
- noel morata: Beautiful Jim, love the de saturated color effects...
- Jim O\'Donnell: No dinty. All home made. YUM! Hows it shaking MO...
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2013 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.