Tag Archives | music
A tempest in a teapot has erupted over the proposed preservation of some graffiti drawn by members of the band The Sex Pistols in the 1970s that was recently found in a central London flat. That’s right. The drawings, mostly done by Johnny Rotten (John Lydon) were discovered behind a cupboard in a flat the [...]
On this date in 1975, 29 sailors went down when the Edmund Fitzgerald sank in Lake Superior. Crazy that I remember, hearing about this on the radio. I was only five years old. The sinking prompted one of the most beautiful and haunting ballads I’ve ever heard:
Friday! This was the week when all the travelling from earlier this year finally wore off and I’m back in need of movement! Even Chopin didn’t help! Rio had a really strong pull on me this week. The Christ statue turned 80 and wanted me at its birthday. Sadly, I’ll bet Rio’s urban air is [...]
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Great Sand Dunes in Colorado – My Shot of the Day – June 17, 2014 June 17, 2014
- My Shot(s) of the Day – Taos Lightning – July 2, 2014 July 2, 2014
- Twenty-One Beautiful Birds of Costa Rica – More Birdgasm! July 24, 2014
- Helsinki at Night – My Shot(s) of the Day – August 5, 2014 August 5, 2014
- A Finnish Photographer – My Shot of the Day – Aug 20, 2014 August 20, 2014
- The Bodvattnet at Bodback – Kvarken World Heritage Site August 18, 2014
- Norra Kvarken Sunset – My Shot of the Day – August 12, 2014 August 12, 2014
- Fried Muikku!! – My Shot(s) of the Day – August 11, 2014 August 11, 2014
- Agness: I eat Indian food here in Amsterdam from time to t...
- Jim O\'Donnell: It ended happily Jess.....with me driving away!...
- Jim O\'Donnell: She might have thought....who is that CREEP!!? ...
- Steve Parsons: Thanks for the info, Jim, we really appreciate it!...
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2014 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.