Tag Archives | music
A tempest in a teapot has erupted over the proposed preservation of some graffiti drawn by members of the band The Sex Pistols in the 1970s that was recently found in a central London flat. That’s right. The drawings, mostly done by Johnny Rotten (John Lydon) were discovered behind a cupboard in a flat the [...]
On this date in 1975, 29 sailors went down when the Edmund Fitzgerald sank in Lake Superior. Crazy that I remember, hearing about this on the radio. I was only five years old. The sinking prompted one of the most beautiful and haunting ballads I’ve ever heard:
Friday! This was the week when all the travelling from earlier this year finally wore off and I’m back in need of movement! Even Chopin didn’t help! Rio had a really strong pull on me this week. The Christ statue turned 80 and wanted me at its birthday. Sadly, I’ll bet Rio’s urban air is [...]
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- A Taste of Costa Rican Wildlife from La Selva Biological Station December 7, 2013
- Pictures of My 2013 – 24 Captures from All Over December 31, 2013
- Lankester Botanical Garden – #EcoCostaRica January 8, 2014
- Ecotourism Costa Rica – The Impacts on Three Guides February 11, 2014
- The Supernova of 1054 – My Shot of the Day – March 5, 2014 March 5, 2014
- Costa Rica Foods – El Mirador Sitios Angustura February 25, 2014
- Dust Storm Hits Chaco Canyon Park – My Shot of the Day – Feb 21, 2014 February 21, 2014
- That DNA Clovis Story? It Doesn’t Mean What They Say It Means February 18, 2014
- Jenni: Thank you for this info, I was trying to figure ou...
- Raphael Alexander Zoren: Very good article! I agree with everything on it, ...
- Top Bloggers Talk Sustainable Travel: […] Diversity can survive and thrive in the ...
- Cathy Strisik: Well, there is so much evidence about pesticides c...
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2014 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.