Tag Archives | music
A tempest in a teapot has erupted over the proposed preservation of some graffiti drawn by members of the band The Sex Pistols in the 1970s that was recently found in a central London flat. That’s right. The drawings, mostly done by Johnny Rotten (John Lydon) were discovered behind a cupboard in a flat the [...]
On this date in 1975, 29 sailors went down when the Edmund Fitzgerald sank in Lake Superior. Crazy that I remember, hearing about this on the radio. I was only five years old. The sinking prompted one of the most beautiful and haunting ballads I’ve ever heard:
Friday! This was the week when all the travelling from earlier this year finally wore off and I’m back in need of movement! Even Chopin didn’t help! Rio had a really strong pull on me this week. The Christ statue turned 80 and wanted me at its birthday. Sadly, I’ll bet Rio’s urban air is [...]
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Lankester Botanical Garden – #EcoCostaRica January 8, 2014
- Ecotourism Costa Rica – The Impacts on Three Guides February 11, 2014
- Costa Rica Foods – El Mirador Sitios Angustura February 25, 2014
- Golden Hour Photography – How You Can Use Light to Capture Emotion January 27, 2014
- To Get To The Cloud Forest – #EcoCostaRica April 11, 2014
- Jim O’Donnell Photography- The Brand New Website is LIVE! April 10, 2014
- Native American Petroglyphs in the Rio Grande Gorge – My Shot of the Day April 7, 2014 April 7, 2014
- The Panamonte Inn of Boquete, Panama – A Review March 20, 2014
- Jim O\'Donnell: Latin, I will do a 21 Beautiful Birds of Costa Ri...
- latin: so do costa rica. Costa rica say they have also m...
- Jim O\'Donnell: Thank you and thank you also for the support you...
- Jim O\'Donnell: Thank you so much CheyAnne! That means ALOT comin...
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2014 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.