“The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings.” ~ Masanobu Fukuoka The magpies sat in the apple tree that sheltered the corn. They were large and thick and daring. The birds considered us with their ridiculously intelligent eyes. “They were watching like [...]
Tag Archives | permaculture
Further up into the swampy delta of the Mandovi River, in the foothills to the southeast of Panaji, lie several organic farms and some spice plantations that claim an ecological focus. A patient young man of thirty years took me there in his cramped white car. That was Meghnath. I met him on the street just [...]
It wasn’t easy but I nailed down a hotel room in Goa, India over the phone. I has just popped my first mefloquine and was checking out the online booking rates. I couldn’t help thinking – I could do better than this. I went over a couple of maps and found a hotel, the Ginger [...]
Haiti Photos: Crossing the Artibonite at Deslandes
Le Geste is one of the farmers we are working with in Deslandes, Haiti. He is growing corn, beans, squash and sweet potatos on the CIJ demonstration farm. I have trouble with names. Sometimes I forget my own. I’m going through my notes and photos to match people with names. I hope I got the [...]
I’ll dribble out the photos from Haiti over the next two weeks as I work my way through them. Here is the first. These are two of the farmers we are working with in the remote community of Deslandes in the Artibonite Valley. They had been working all day in the sun with nothing to [...]
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Twenty-One Beautiful Birds of Panama – Birdgasm! March 12, 2013
- Spring Rainstorm Pictures – My Shot of the Day – April 1, 2013 April 1, 2013
- Seeking Some Sassy Ceviche at the Fish Market in Panama City February 26, 2013
- Arabian Sea Sunset April 23, 2013
- Balloon Rides and Taos Mesa from Above May 17, 2013
- Evening Rain on the Colombine Hondo Wilderness Study Area – My Shot of the Day – May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013
- Spring in Taos New Mexico – My Shot(S) of the Day – May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013
- Ute Mountain, County of Taos – My Shot of the Day – May 9, 2013 May 9, 2013
- Spring Reflection - My Shot of the Day - April 11, 2013Around the World in Eighty Years: [...] like this one alot [...]...
- Jim O\'Donnell: Cold spot!...
- Jim O\'Donnell: We need more of the wet stuff!...
- Anne Taylor: Love the pics, especially the toy trucks bigger th...
Around the World in Eighty Years on Twitter
Follow @jimodonnell2 on Twitter
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2013 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.