An evening rain storm soaks the valleys on the west face of the Colombine Hondo Wilderness Study Area just a few miles northeast of Taos right after sunset. A slew of other shots of the Colombine Hondo can be found here. What else is there to say? ##
Tag Archives | rain
The Quetzales Trail Panama connects the town of Boquete to the town of Cerro Punta along the edge of the Baru Volcano, the highest mountain in Panama at 11,398 feet. The trail cuts through the cloud forest along the Talamanca mountain range. The trail rises from a deep valley through gigantic ancient oaks, magnolias and [...]
Scary Picture Monsoons again and again. I know. Sorry but it is the best time of year in Northern New Mexico as far as I am concerned. Here is a shot from just over the border in Southern Colorado’s San Luis Valley. The perspective is looking southwest at the two great dormant volcanoes of the borderlands. Ute [...]
Photograph of Rainbow I covered the monsoons currently taking place in the southwestern United States in detail last week. Still, they never fail to impress. Last Saturday afternoon there was a fairly brief but intense downpour. I was on “Hondo Mesa” about 10 miles north of Taos, New Mexico when it hit and it [...]
“Boy Water” Two weeks ago, my boy (green crocs) and I found ourselves totally overwhelmed by the crowds of obesity, the noise and utter insanity that is DisneyWorld and we needed a break. On the third day, after sending my daughter off to some overstimulated roller coaster with her cousins, he and I went for a morning [...]
Espanola Valley, New Mexico
The m/s Tiira leaves several times a day from the dock in Vasa. The small tour boat holds about thirty and most tend to be Finns. There are the older women’s groups on their weekly excursion, the small families out to see a few birds, a romantic couple or two and, of course, those looking [...]
Arroyo Seco, New Mexico
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Twenty-One Beautiful Birds of Panama – Birdgasm! March 12, 2013
- Spring Rainstorm Pictures – My Shot of the Day – April 1, 2013 April 1, 2013
- Seeking Some Sassy Ceviche at the Fish Market in Panama City February 26, 2013
- Arabian Sea Sunset April 23, 2013
- Cliff Swallows – My Shot of the Day – May 24, 2013 May 25, 2013
- Balloon Rides and Taos Mesa from Above May 17, 2013
- Evening Rain on the Colombine Hondo Wilderness Study Area – My Shot of the Day – May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013
- Spring in Taos New Mexico – My Shot(S) of the Day – May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013
- Taos Rag: thanks!...
- Spring Reflection - My Shot of the Day - April 11, 2013Around the World in Eighty Years: [...] like this one alot [...]...
- Jim O\'Donnell: Cold spot!...
- Jim O\'Donnell: We need more of the wet stuff!...
Around the World in Eighty Years on Twitter
Follow @jimodonnell2 on Twitter
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2013 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.