It has just simply stopped raining. My buddy John Fleck reports that water supplies are the worst ever seen: With the preliminary April 1 runoff forecast numbers in hand, this is “the worst year ever” on the Rio Grande, according to Phil King, New Mexico State University professor and the water management adviser to the [...]
Tag Archives | rain
An evening rain storm soaks the valleys on the west face of the Columbine Hondo Wilderness Study Area just a few miles northeast of Taos right after sunset. A slew of other shots of the Columbine Hondo can be found here. What else is there to say? ##
The Quetzales Trail Panama connects the town of Boquete to the town of Cerro Punta along the edge of the Baru Volcano, the highest mountain in Panama at 11,398 feet. The trail cuts through the cloud forest along the Talamanca mountain range. The trail rises from a deep valley through gigantic ancient oaks, magnolias and [...]
Scary Picture Monsoons again and again. I know. Sorry but it is the best time of year in Northern New Mexico as far as I am concerned. Here is a shot from just over the border in Southern Colorado’s San Luis Valley. The perspective is looking southwest at the two great dormant volcanoes of the borderlands. Ute [...]
Photograph of Rainbow I covered the monsoons currently taking place in the southwestern United States in detail last week. Still, they never fail to impress. Last Saturday afternoon there was a fairly brief but intense downpour. I was on “Hondo Mesa” about 10 miles north of Taos, New Mexico when it hit and it [...]
“Boy Water” Two weeks ago, my boy (green crocs) and I found ourselves totally overwhelmed by the crowds of obesity, the noise and utter insanity that is DisneyWorld and we needed a break. On the third day, after sending my daughter off to some overstimulated roller coaster with her cousins, he and I went for a morning [...]
Espanola Valley, New Mexico
The m/s Tiira leaves several times a day from the dock in Vasa. The small tour boat holds about thirty and most tend to be Finns. There are the older women’s groups on their weekly excursion, the small families out to see a few birds, a romantic couple or two and, of course, those looking [...]
Arroyo Seco, New Mexico
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Kvarken Project: VOTE for the Photograph You Want & See the Faces of the People I Met September 4, 2014
- Twenty-One Beautiful Birds of Costa Rica – More Birdgasm! July 24, 2014
- Helsinki at Night – My Shot(s) of the Day – August 5, 2014 August 5, 2014
- Fried Muikku!! – My Shot(s) of the Day – August 11, 2014 August 11, 2014
- Roma Man in the Slovakian Countryside – My Shot of the Day, October 12, 2014 October 12, 2014
- Up Slovakia’s Wild Koprovsky Dolina October 8, 2014
- Register and Win! International Expeditions Announces Travel to Cuba September 29, 2014
- My European Wilderness Trip September 28, 2014
- Crazy Sexy Fun Traveler: Hope you enjoyed it! Such a shame we could not mee...
- Roma Man in the Slovakian Countryside - My Shot of the Day, October 12, 2014: […] clouds rolled back over the mountains an...
- Jim O\'Donnell: Thank you Julia. Still much more to come....
- Jim O\'Donnell: Thank you so much Cynthia!...
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2014 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.