Last Saturday was a blustery one and we set off in the hot-air balloon hoping to drop down into the Rio Grande Gorge near John Dunn Bridge. Instead, we set off to the north on a bit of a wild ride toward the Colorado border and into El Rio Grande del Norte National Monument [...]
Tag Archives | river
The kids and I made a dusk foray down to the petroglyphs in the Rio Grande Gorge for a look at some of the magnificent ancient works lining the walls of the canyon. The figures here are located in the John Dunn Bridge area south of these that we photographed last year. It was dark [...]
Rio Grande Gorge Our big river begins way up in the wilderness peaks of Colorado, passing nearly 2,000 miles to the Gulf of Mexico where it limps, putrid and polluted to the sea. Here in Taos, the river wends through the chasms of the Rio Grande Gorge on its way south. At it’s deepest, here [...]
The kids and I took a picnic and a very easy hike up in the Taos Ski Valley to the waterfall just above the grassy ski slopes above The Bavarian. We ate tuna with crackers, fresh tomatoes from the garden and then some M&Ms for good measure Then we played with pictures of the waterfall. How close [...]
An American Coot (Fulica americana) in central New Mexico. The coot is not a duck, because it lacks webbed feet. Instead, it gets around with some rather large toes. The coot is also known as a mud hen. Typically, you’ll find them in very large flocks. This guy was all alone. american coot [...]
This bighorn sheep and his harem of seven were on the wall of the Rio Grande Gorge about 10 miles south of Taos, New Mexico on November 18, 2011.
North Crestone Creek. Sangre de Cristo Mountains Wilderness Area. Colorado
North Crestone Canyon. Sangre de Cristo Wilderness Area. Colorado.
11,200ft. Wheeler Peak Wilderness, New Mexico. September 25, 2011
The first signs of fall in San Cristobal Creek, Colombine-Hondo Wilderness Study Area.
Haiti Photos: Crossing the Artibonite at Deslandes
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Twenty-One Beautiful Birds of Panama – Birdgasm! March 12, 2013
- Spring Rainstorm Pictures – My Shot of the Day – April 1, 2013 April 1, 2013
- Seeking Some Sassy Ceviche at the Fish Market in Panama City February 26, 2013
- Arabian Sea Sunset April 23, 2013
- Balloon Rides and Taos Mesa from Above May 17, 2013
- Evening Rain on the Colombine Hondo Wilderness Study Area – My Shot of the Day – May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013
- Spring in Taos New Mexico – My Shot(S) of the Day – May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013
- Ute Mountain, County of Taos – My Shot of the Day – May 9, 2013 May 9, 2013
- Anne Taylor: Love the pics, especially the toy trucks bigger th...
- Steve Collins: Beautiful! This looks like a painting....
- Jim O\'Donnell: Terri, I didnt think I was aware the NM lacks such...
- Jim O\'Donnell: You think? Hmmmmm...I hadnt thought of that....
Around the World in Eighty Years on Twitter
Follow @jimodonnell2 on Twitter
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2013 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.