An evening rain storm soaks the valleys on the west face of the Colombine Hondo Wilderness Study Area just a few miles northeast of Taos right after sunset. A slew of other shots of the Colombine Hondo can be found here. What else is there to say? ##
Tag Archives | trees
Just after dawn these early spring days, the air is perfectly still and the sound of Red-winged black birds fills the air. The snow and ice have melted and ponded and pooled and the calm morning air makes for some great water reflection photography. I shot this in Taos’ Fred Baca Park wetlands soon after [...]
Panama has more species of birds than the United States and Canada combined. I awoke on my first morning in Panama to the sound of all those birds of Panama. I up and stumbled out onto the balcony of my friend Maria Elena overlooking the Bridge of the Americas, grabbed a cup of the most [...]
When is the best time to plant a tree? Twenty years ago. When is the second best time to plant a tree? Right now. So the saying goes and with the world’s population increasingly urbanized, conserving, protecting and propagating urban greenery and urban forests is vitally important. Hong Kong is one of the most densly populated [...]
I walked straight up the mountain out of Bagnères-de-Bigorre at noon. The last of the autumn leaves were so thick they were like ice under my feet where the trail went steep; which was most places. I saw a Bearded vulture, then a fox, then I passed over a small, muddy stream framed in blue [...]
Tonight I set out to capture the Aurora Borealis from the coast near the Mehlahti section of Helsinki Finland – but that didn’t work out so well. A brief snowstorm appeared from some thick, pink clouds and my exhausted, jet-lagged brain just gave up. As I trudged back to my friend Rasmus’ flat I saw [...]
Tusas Mountains west of Taos, New Mexico.
These were both taken in El Prado, New Mexico on December 11, 2011. A part of Taos, New Mexico, USA.
Taos, New Mexico got its second hit of winter over night. In the lower elevations accumulations was less than 1/2 inch but the high country got dumped on – over 10 inches in the Taos Ski Valley. The storm is moving off with a slow but steady rise in temperatures today. Winter is coming after [...]
Please Consider Supporting This Website
Purchase Fine Art Prints and Books by Jim O’Donnell
- Twenty-One Beautiful Birds of Panama – Birdgasm! March 12, 2013
- Spring Rainstorm Pictures – My Shot of the Day – April 1, 2013 April 1, 2013
- Seeking Some Sassy Ceviche at the Fish Market in Panama City February 26, 2013
- Arabian Sea Sunset April 23, 2013
- Balloon Rides and Taos Mesa from Above May 17, 2013
- Evening Rain on the Colombine Hondo Wilderness Study Area – My Shot of the Day – May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013
- Spring in Taos New Mexico – My Shot(S) of the Day – May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013
- Ute Mountain, County of Taos – My Shot of the Day – May 9, 2013 May 9, 2013
- Jim O\'Donnell: Cold spot!...
- Jim O\'Donnell: We need more of the wet stuff!...
- Anne Taylor: Love the pics, especially the toy trucks bigger th...
- Steve Collins: Beautiful! This looks like a painting....
Around the World in Eighty Years on Twitter
Follow @jimodonnell2 on Twitter
All images and stories are Copyright © Jim O'Donnell 1995-2013
© 2013 Around the World in Eighty Years. All Rights Reserved.